Congratulations on purchasing your new A-TEC A12 shotgun silencer.
Warning: A-TEC A12 is ONLY approved for wadded 12/70 ga. ammunition, max 42g. US #2 or smaller shot size. Do not use slugs, reloaded or high speed ammunition. A-TEC is only approved for barrel length above 18".
Prior to use of the A12, the choke must be mounted correctly in the silencer.
- Check that the two front screws and two backend screws are tight and that there are no foreign objects inside the silencer.
- Check that you have the correct choke by trying it gently by hand in your barrel.
- Screw the A12 choke all the way to the bottom of the threads in the A12 silencer.
- Firmly tighten the lock nut with the supplied tools.
- Screw the A12 silencer with choke attached on to your barrel.
- Loosen the check nut.
- Adjust the silencer to desired "clock" position.
- Tighten the lock nut.
Dismantling for cleaning:
- Unscrew the two screws on the front end of the A12 silencer with a 3 mm hex key.
- Use your hand or a rubber/plastic mallet (gently) to push the inner tube until the back comes away from the sleeve.
- Pull out the contents from the back.
The silencer is supplied as standard with one "modified" choke tube. The following choke types are currently available:
- A12 Choke Baikal
- A12 Choke Crioplus
- A12 Choke Fabarm
- A12 Choke Fair
- A12 Choke Invector
- A12 Choke Invector plus
- A12 Choke Mobilchoke
- A12 Choke Optima HP Beretta
- A12 Choke Remington 870
- A12 Choke Remington Pro Bore
- A12 Choke Yildiz